[ Faculty ]

New edition of Prokofiev piano sonatas, edited by Boris Berman

May 16, 2011

photo of Boris Berman in Sprague HallShanghai Music Publishing House has published the complete Piano Sonatas by Prokofiev in a new performance edition by Boris Berman.

Berman, a member of Yale School of Music faculty since 1984, is a recognized authority on the music of Prokofiev. This bilingual (English-Chinese) publication contains various recommendations for performers. Berman compared the text of the sonatas with manuscripts and first editions, and corrected numerous errors that had been perpetuated by countless editions and recordings. This is the most reliable edition of Prokofiev’s sonatas currently available.

The edition is sold only in China; buyers outside of China can contact the e-mail address in Hong Kong.

COMMENTS ( 6 )

hi how do i purchase the prokoviev sonata edited by Boris Berman? I am currently living in NYC

thanks

February 3rd, 2014 | sarah

It is currently available in China, or you can inquire about ordering it via the edition’s agent.

February 4th, 2014 | dana astmann

Greetings,
I am a sheet music dealer in the Boston area. A customer seeks the new editionof the Prokofiev Piano Sonatas editied by Boris Berman. Please advise on how I make a dealer purchase.

Best regards,
Rob Bethel
President,
Yesterday Service Sheet Music, Inc.

February 8th, 2014 | Rob Bethel

how do i exactly do that? please more details thank you so much
also, does Maestro Berman provide any fingerings for them?

I would be so thankful thank you so much!

Best of luck!

February 9th, 2014 | sarah

This is all the information that we have; the publisher can tell you more about obtaining the edition. Click here to email them. Good luck to all!

February 10th, 2014 | dana astmann

Hi,
How do I contact Shanghai Music Publishing House? Do you have the email? I tried to click “here”, but the page cannot perform anything. Many thanks. I really need that edition score.

Best wishes,

May 15th, 2014 | Jocelyn