[ plan your visit ]
Woolsey Hall Concert Experience
Yale’s Stephen A. Schwarzman Center will transform the historic Commons and three floors of the adjacent Memorial Hall into a new campus center, which is slated to open in 2020.
Though performances in Woolsey Hall will remain unaffected by construction on the new facility, concertgoers will experience minor inconveniences.
- Beinecke Plaza is closed until fall 2020. Concertgoers should access Woolsey Hall through the rotunda at the corner of College and Grove streets.
- The bathrooms in the basement of Woolsey Hall are closed. Temporary bathrooms (including wheelchair-accessible units) have been installed on the first floor.
- No parking is allowed on Grove Street between College and High streets until construction is complete.
- The sidewalk on the Commons side of Grove Street is closed until fall 2020.
- The second balcony of Woolsey Hall is closed until fall 2020.
- Wall Street (between College and York Streets) has been converted into a pedestrian walkway and is permanently closed to vehicles.