[ plan your visit ]
Woolsey Hall Concert Experience
Yale’s Stephen A. Schwarzman Center will transform the historic Commons and three floors of the adjacent Memorial Hall into a new campus center, which is slated to open in 2020.
Yale Facilities and Dimeo Construction will be setting up construction zones on Tuesday, September 11th. These zones will remove vehicular access to High Street, as well as shift traffic lanes and remove all parking on Grove Street from College Street to High Street. These construction zones will be in place through September 2020.
Though performances in Woolsey Hall will remain unaffected by construction on the new facility, concertgoers will experience minor inconveniences. Check back here for additional updates.
- Beinecke Plaza will be closed from September 2018 until fall 2020. Concertgoers should access Woolsey Hall through the rotunda at the corner of College and Grove streets.
- The bathrooms in the basement of Woolsey Hall will be closed starting January 1, 2019. Temporary bathrooms (including wheel-chair accessible units) will be installed on the first floor.
- No parking will be allowed on Grove Street between College and High streets until construction is complete.
- The sidewalk on the Commons side of Grove Street will be closed from September 2018 until fall 2020.
- The second balcony of Woolsey Hall will be available for concert seating from September 2018 through May 2019 but will be closed from June 2019 until fall 2020.