Not a Yale student?

Want to take music lessons with a School of Music student? Submit a request to find a teacher.




[ yale students ]

Music Lessons

Yale students can take instrumental and vocal lessons through the School of Music

The School of Music offers music lessons to students in Yale College, the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, and the graduate professional schools.

Members of the Yale and New Haven communities who are not registered Yale students and wish to study with a School of Music student can submit a request here.

Instruction is available in: Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Bassoon, Saxophone, Horn, Trumpet, Trombone, Tuba, Percussion, Harp, Harpsichord, Piano, Organ, Guitar, Voice, Violin, Viola, Cello, and Double Bass.

Students interested in Composition, Choral Conducting, and Orchestral Conducting will find classes in the Department of Music and in the School of Music.


Undergraduate Students

Graduate Students

Withdrawing from Lessons & General Policies