Support and Join
The Morris Steinert Collection of Musical Instruments relies on the generosity of members, friends, alumni, and the public.
Your tax-deductible donation will help to ensure that the Collection continues to play a unique role in the cultural life of the University through the acquisition, conservation, and exhibition of historical musical instruments.
Ways to Make a Gift
Contributions to the Collection can be made online, by mail, or over the phone. Follow the link to contribute online or mail a check to the address below.
Collection of Musical Instruments
P.O. Box 208278
New Haven, CT 06520-8278
Please contact us with inquiries about bequests, planned giving, or in-kind donations. Donations of musical instruments and related objects will be considered in accordance with the museum’s collecting policies and current program of acquisition.
Become a Member
Associate Members are indispensable in helping the Collection maintain and develop its educational programs and its position as an important cultural resource at the University and in the community. Your support as an Associate Member helps to make possible the acquisitions, restorations, exhibits, concerts, and other special events that make the Collection one of the world’s leading centers for the study and appreciation of historical musical instruments.
Benefits of Membership
- Annual Collection newsletter and concert series schedule.
- Invitations for Associates to preview openings, concerts, lectures, and special events.
- Discount on individual concert tickets (regular price $30, Associate’s price $25) and on series tickets (regular price $125, Associate’s price $100). Note: membership at the family level or above entitles holder to purchase up to two tickets for each concert at the discounted Associate’s price.
- Twenty percent discount on museum publications, recordings, postcards, and more
- Part or all of your contribution may be tax deductible.
Apply online, by mail, or with a credit card over the phone. To apply by mail, complete the membership form and mail it, with check enclosed, to our office.
The Morris Steinert Collection of Musical Instruments staff wishes to thank current Associate Members for their support of the museum and its mission during the past academic year.